Sunday, December 22, 2013

It's Ugly Sweater Season!

I'm going to an ugly Christmas sweater party tomorrow, look what I've cooked up!  You probably shouldn't eat it, but it still is tasty....

Happy Holidays!


Oh, you want directions?  Seems pretty obvs to me, but take a sweater you are ok with sacrificing to the ugly sweater gods  (this was my favorite sweater until I spilled bleach on it at work, but for some reason never threw it away, it's like destiny, huh) get some tinsel garland and little ornaments (I got mine at Target, they had a really good selection and also had battery operated lights if you wanna be extra fancy), put sweater on, make tree outline with pins (do not pin sweater to tshirt underneath....) or chalk if you have it, take sweater off, arrange tinsel and stitch stitch stitch!  I started by going around the tinsel as I zigzagged it in the tree shape, but it was taking forever, so then I just did a couple stitches on the edges of the tree to hold each row in place, then went back and weaved thread in and out going up and down along the sweater to hold the middle of the lines in place, if that makes sense.  That worked much better.  Then I put the sweater back on, sewed each ornament on with a couple stitches, took sweater off and reinforced ornaments and any tinsel that looked loose.  Voila!  It's kinda heavy, but it looks great.  Can't wait for pictures with Santa tomorrow!

xoxox JDB

No comments :

Post a Comment